We are fully committed to China. ANZ has been in China since 1986 and today we have seven branches and four sub-branches and an Operations Hub in Chengdu. Over the past three decades, ANZ remains one of Australia’s largest investors in China.
In 2010, the Australia and New Zealand Bank (China) Company Limited (ANZ China) was established, making ANZ the first Australian bank to be locally incorporated in China. In the following year, ANZ opened an operations hub in Chengdu to support ANZ’s growth across the region.
As the only Australian bank with both local and foreign currency capabilities in Retail and Corporate banking in Mainland China, ANZ China is well-positioned to support customers’ increasing financial needs and growing business opportunities across the country.
In 2016, ANZ China receives “A+” long-term issuer credit ratings by Standard & Poor’s (S&P).
ANZ China is committed to its corporate responsibility to help the communities we serve in China. The Bank has established long-term relationships with community partners and non-government groups (NGOs) in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chongqing, Hangzhou, Chengdu and Qingdao and its priorities are in enhancing financial capability, responsible practices, urban sustainability as well as developing education and employment opportunities for young, underprivileged individuals. ANZ China’s “Junior Tennis Grass Roots Program” seeks to provide structured sports coaching for children.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Relationship banking – corporate and institutional banking, mergers & acquisitions
- Markets – structuring and customer solutions, corporate and institutional sales, commodities solutions, wealth distribution, trading, debt capital markets, and syndications
- Transaction banking – trade and supply chain, payments and cash management, and clearing services
- Global loans – structured leasing and asset finance, project and structured finance, as well as structured export finance
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- NO.1 for overall FX services in China – 2016 Asiamoney FX Polls
- For the fourth consecutive year in 2015, ANZ remains Top 4 Corporate Bank in Asia in Greenwich Associates Large Corporate Banking study; ANZ China also ranked No.1 for overall relationship quality in China in this study
- 2016 Best Deposit Offering by Retail Banker International Asia Trailblazer Awards
- 2015 Best Corporate Bank (Foreign) and Best Foreign Exchange Provider (Foreign) by The Stars of China Awards of Global Finance Magazine
- “2015 Best Market Maker” by Shanghai Gold Exchange
- “2014 Outstanding International Business Awards” by Shanghai Gold Exchange
- “2010-2013 Best Market Maker” by Shanghai Gold Exchange
- “Best foreign FX providers – China” by Asiamoney’s 2012 FX Poll
- 2004-2013 “Quality Recognition Award” by JP Morgan
ANZ China receives “A+” long-term and “A-1” short-term issuer credit ratings by Standard & Poor’s (S&P), with a “negative” credit rating outlook.
Opens Qingdao branch in China
Opens Chengdu branch and a sub-branch in China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
ANZ China becomes the first Australian bank to receive a Retail Renminbi (RMB) license
Opens a branch in Chongqing and an operations hub in Chengdu
Establishes Australia and New Zealand Bank (China) Company Limited (ANZ China)
Upgrades Guangzhou representative office to branch status
Establishes a representative office in Guangzhou
Upgrades Beijing representative office to branch status
Opens Shanghai branch
Establishes a representative office in Beijing
HOW TO CONTACT US IN CHINA
ANZ Bank (China)
Level 15 Mirae Asset Tower
166 Lujiazui Ring Road Pudong, Shanghai 200120
Phone +86 21 6169 6000