About AustCham West China:
The China Australia Chamber of Commerce – West China (AustChamWest China) pro-actively promotes and facilitates trade, investment and cultural exchange between Australia and West China through effective Government and non-Government partnerships, in- market expertise and the pro-active delivery of a range of services to its members. As a registered NGO office in the People’s Republic of China, AustCham supports its members as a source of information, connections, business services and government relations as Australia’s peak industry body in West China.
For a China wide presence, AustCham West China works closely with its sister Chambers in Greater China under the AustCham Greater China banner. AustCham West China is governed by a board of directors, with representation from Austrade serving as ex-officio members.
The successful candidate would be based in Chengdu however would represent its members in the regions of Sichuan, Chongqing, Yunnan and Guizhou.
The Role of Executive Manager
The Executive Manager shall be responsible for managing the office in Chengdu, reporting directly to AustCham West China’s Board of Directors.
The Executive Manager’s duties shall include the following:
1. Chamber Administration
a. Member database management
b. Project work
c. Financial management
e. Communicate with other AustCham Liaison Offices
f. Maintaining comprehensive records of all events, finances and KPIs
2. Event Management
a. Implementing events best suited to our membership’s needs
b. Venue/contract negotiation
c. Event marketing (including marketing material creation)
d. Liaise with the Australian Consulate General Chengdu and Austrade on events and other matters
e. Organise events in coordination with other international Chambers of Commerce in West China
3. Communications and Marketing
a. WeChat Public Account management
b. Website management
c. Manage email correspondence
4. Member Management
a. Attract and retain individual and corporate members
b. Attend functions on behalf of the Chamber (including in other cities) to attract members
c. Communicate with members on their current events and any other relevant activities
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate should:
1. A bachelor’s degree from a reputable international university essential;
2. At least 2 years experience in a similar field essential (business, commerce, international relations etc);
3. Fluent English essential. Advanced Chinese language skills strongly desired (including at least a basic ability to write Chinese);
4. Photoshop and photography skills highly regarded;
5. Have proven experience in managing people, office management and event management;
6. Have a good overall knowledge of Australian business and industry in West China;
7. Be sales and entrepreneurially orientated, willing to implement his/her own ideas and initiatives;
8. Maintain strong networks that can be leveraged to enhance the Chamber’s services;
9. Be a confident decision maker and problem solver;
10. Be able to work autonomously;
11. Be detailed orientated, systematic and well organised; and
12. Be enthusiastic, outgoing and willing to speak in public.
This role will offer the right candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with the international business community in West China in a lively, professional and challenging work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will not be accepted.
Applications will close on January 26th 2018